Applicants may be eligible for this program if they meet the following requirements:
- Taxpayer in the City of Danbury for at least five years prior to his or her application.
- The real property for which the tax relief is being claimed MUST be the principal residence of the applicant.
- Applicant must be over the age of 65 years old by the end of the calendar year preceding the filing period OR applicant must be totally disabled (regardless of age). Current proof of disability will be required at the time of application.
In order to apply, applicants must provide the following documentation.
- Federal Income Tax Return. If you are not required to file a tax return, you will need to provide documentation of all income. Gross income is considered for all our programs.
- Social Security 1099 form
- If under age 65 years old and social security disabled, you will also need current proof of disability from social security.
Eligible applicants who file between February 1st and May 15th will receive the tax credit on their real estate tax bill in July.
Applicant(s) must meet the income requirements for the year in which they are filing: